Friday, April 23, 2010

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Dear Mrs. Parent,

I wanted to take the time to write you a note to explain my job to you.
Not only do I try to teach your lovely child the Standards of Learning and how to read and write...
I take (sometimes all of my) time, effort and energy each day to instruct your child on the following (and much, much more):

how to sit still for more then 10 seconds,
how to be a good friend,
how to tie his shoes,
how to blow his nose (which often leads to germ infestation),
which are good and bad words,
how to respect authority,
when is an okay time to touch someone and when isn't,
how to keep his mouth quiet,
how to share and take turns,
how to prevent themselves from having an accident,
how to walk in a line,
how to use good manners (ie. not push people out of their way),
how to take care of the environment,
how to get through a lunch line in under 10 seconds,
and really... how to treat someone with more kindness than how you often feel the need to treat me.

You have no idea what my day entails (unless you teach, Mrs. Parent, and you don't).

I love your child. Love, love, love, love, love them!! Though you are quick to feel the need to defend them, you do not need to. I am an advocate for them. Your child is absolutely exhausting and in need of great help, but little do you know... that is exactly what I'm trying to provide.

Do myself, and your child a favor and...

Please. Show. Me. Some. Respect.

Kindly,
Mrs. F


Today I needed this:
"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 corinthians 12:10

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah, after successfully seeing 3 kids through the PWC school system, I can honestly say that teachers truly do not get the respect they so greatly deserve. You guys are the best, and don't ever doubt it! With God, all things are possible :)

    ReplyDelete