Saturday, April 10, 2010

Another attempt..

I always say I'm going to keep one of these up... maybe I will this time?

Anyway, I just want a place to share my thoughts, which sometimes may just be another adorable encounter with a five year old.

I'll start with a quick update on my life if we've been out of touch.

In the past year I married my bff, Danny and inherited two children out of the deal. They're amazing little gifts and I love 'em! :) Abigail is 9, Elias 6. Wow! Being a wife and a mom is such a blessing!! I am learning so much about myself and about my family each day, and I love drawing closer to them and loving them more!

Anyway, I graduated from JMU in December and got a job as a Kindergarten teacher the Monday after I graduated. Can we just say it was truly a gift from the Lord! Speaking of God, He's all the life and joy in me... there have been many times in past years I've tried to do it without him... never worked. So here I am loving life with Him! :)

Back to Kindergarten, I LOVE IT! My students are beautiful little children with amazing personalities that I learn from every day. I've gotten into the habit of thanking them for making me more patient! They all have so many needs and are all just yearning to be loved... and I love that God has placed me in such a role where I get to LOVE them every day! And hey, gotta admit its pretty cool when you have 26 cute little things thinkin' you're the coolest person they know! ;) If they only knew... Sometimes I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing, but try to remember that this is where I was called to be... and I don't need to rely on my own knowledge or abilities!

Most recently, we bought our first house! If you're my friend on Facebook I posted photos there for your viewing pleasure. It is so amazing how the Lord has provided for us. There was a point that we never thought we'd see the day of home ownership, but were quickly reminded that our God miraculously provides! We love having our own house and can't wait til we can invite you over!

That's it for my first post. I figured it would only make sense for you to know where I am and a bit of where I'm going.
------------------------
Story for today:
(When asking my students if the could travel anywhere on the map where would they go?)
Pedro*: I would go to heaven. Where is that on the map?
Me: I would like to go there too, Pedro... and I'm going to one day.
Pedro: I want to meet that guy that made everything and stuff.
Me: I can't wait to meet Him either. What made you think about wanting to meet him?
Pedro: Someone gave me the book of Dios.
*Name changed.

Thank you to whoever gave that boy the Word of God and thank you Lord for doing a great work in the heart of a beautiful, little child who you know needs you.

No comments:

Post a Comment